Thursday, March 01, 2007

EconomiesOfScale

An extract from HBS....

"To lower my costs while improving the price and quality of my products, I needed economies of scale," he explains. "Ignoring a government regulation, I increased my volume by more than the permitted 25 percent of my licensed capacity. If I had to go to jail for the excess production of a commodity that most Indians needed, I didn't mind."

Doesn’t this sounds familiar.. not exactly but its very close to one of the dialogues from 'Guru'. Thou Guru is morphed (by media) to be from Resp. Dhirubhai ji; But surprisingly the one quoted above is from mr. Rahul Bajaj. [source: www.alumni.hbs.edu/]


The essence isnt tht who worded it... the note is to highlight the similarity of thought and approach of two legends.... the similarity to grow thru achieving the 'economies of scale'.

+nav
1630 Hrs.
MET

No comments: